Frequently Asked Questions
What box mod should I use for the StemPod Si?
- StemPod can work with any box mod that supplies 50 watts of power or more.
- We recommend the Aegis Legend and Aegis Mini box mods for optimal performance with the StemPod Si
How do I change coils?
- Tutorial Video:
- To remove the old coils, first partially unscrew the four grub screws on the deck. Remove the old coils carefully by threading your allen key through the center of the coil and pulling away from the deck until the coil dislodges. Do this for both coils. Be sure the coils are at room temperature and either the deck is removed from your mod or your mod is powered off before removing coils.
- To install new coils, insert the left coil lead into the top left screw hole in the deck and the right coil lead in the bottom right screw hole. Tighten the grub screws down on the leads till they are snug, then use wire cutters to cut off the excess wire. Do this for both coils.
- Once both coils are installed, screw the deck on to your mod and fire at a low wattage (20-30 watts) and observe the glow of the coils. You want the coils to glow from the inside out. If they are not glowing even, wait for them to cool down and brush them with the allen wrench when the mod is not being fired. This will even out the heating of the coils. Repeat these steps till the coils glow from the inside out.
How do I know if I need to change coils?
When the stock coils begin to die, the resistance rises progressively. If you tighten down the screws in the deck and the resistance is still off, the coils may need replacing. You will also notice a higher battery drain or reduced performance at the same settings.
How long do coils last?
The included Kanthal coils should last around 1 year under daily use
Can I use temperature control?
- StemPod OG and StemPod Si come with Kanthal coils pre-installed. These coils only work with wattage mode, and are easy to use in wattage mode between 30-50 watts.
- These coils can be replaced with Stainless Steel coils via our versatile Build Deck. Stainless steel coils require various TCR settings for box mods. TCR settings recommended for e-juice vaporizers will not work for StemPod products as the coils must heat the air around them to the desired temperature, rather than the coils themselves.
- Optimal settings can be found by experimenting with TCR settings until your vaporizing material is vaporized to a temperature that your box mod indicates.
What are Ohms?
Ohms are the measurement of how hard electricity has to work to move through the coil. A higher resistance means more battery will be used to create the same amount of heat.
What materials are in the air/vapor path?
- The air path consists entirely of SS 316, SS303, and glass. on the StemPod OG
- The StemPod Si contains the same grades of Stainless Steel around the heat path, and the Glass Stem is cushioned in a high temperature silicone taper.
- The Vapor path is 99% glass with the only other material being the SS316 in the basket screens.
What is your return policy?
For USA based customers:
We offer a full refund less shipping costs to return a non used device within 14 days of delivery for any reason.
Defective devices and broken glass are covered for 30 days, replacement parts can be sent to the address we have on file.
For International customers:
We offer a full refund less shipping costs to return a non used device within 14 days of delivery for any reason. Return shipping must be paid by the customer or deducted out of the refund ammount.
Defective devices and broken glass are covered for 30 days after delivery, replacement parts can be sent to the address we have on file. Shipping must be paid by the customer.